Gran Canaria North – South
Gran Tour Stage 3 – 7/12/2020 – 09:00h
Elevation gain: 2305m
GRAN TOUR 3 – AGAETE – MASPALOMAS – Monday 7th – 100 KM – 09:00 h
- Toilets at the start and finish line
- Refreshment/aid station on route and at the finish line
- Technical and medical assistance at the start and finish line plus on the road
- Medical insurance and security
- Massage services at the finish line
- Transfer of cyclists (bikes not included) from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Vecindario and Maspalomas Lighthouse to Agaete (additional charge +10€)
- Free participation on Saturday 12th at the last stage, including the free buffet and closing ceremony at the hotel Villas & Dunas 4* (Dunas Group).
Departure by bus from Maspalomas to Agaete. This is the first time that the island is crossed on the north-south axis in this Gran Canaria Bike Week, discovering landscapes, ravines, volcanoes and all the variety of colours and temperatures that this miniature continent has to offer. We start in Agaete at 09:00 hours taking quickly the GC-293 and GC-220, all in ascending terrain towards Artenara crossing before the dams and cave-houses of this part of the island. We will arrive at Tejeda, considered one of the most beautiful municipalities in Spain , by the GC-210 and GC-60 and where the main food supply is located.
Then along the GC-60 we will find an impressive stretch under rocky outcrops and with views over Roque Nublo, Bentayga and the island of Tenerife in the background. After a first half with a lot of accumulated unevenness, the second part of the stage is much more comfortable and bearable. After Ayacata, we will regroup in Tunte where we will make a brief stop to regain strength and face the last slopes to Maspalomas.
There will be regroupings / refreshments in:
- Distance: 98 km
- Elevation gain: 2305 m
- Maximum height: 1.390 m
- Approximate avarage speed: Less than 20 km/h
- Approximate stage duration: 5 hours
- Level: Medium/ High
- Refreshment/meeting points: Artenara, Tejeda and Tunte