Gran Canaria Southeast
Gran Tour Stage 1 – 5/12/2020 – 10:00h
77km | Elevation gain 1360 m
Maspalomas – Santa Lucía – Tunte – Maspalomas
First stage of contact with 77 kilometers and 1,000 meters of accumulated elevation gain.
- Toilets at the start and finish line
- Technical and medical assistance at the start and finish line plus on road. Medical insurance and security service.
- Refreshment/aid station on route and at the finish line courtesy of Dunas Hotels & Resorts
- Massage services at the finish line
- Free participation on Saturday 12th at the last stage, including the free buffet and closing ceremony at the hotel Villas & Dunas 4* (Dunas Group).
*Does not include the official maillot that can be purchased for the price of 18 euros.
Departure at 10:00 hours from the Maspalomas Lighthouse on the GC-500 towards Vecindario, turn left to take the GC-65 towards the Era del Cardón. Along the Los Cuchillos road, next to the Ansite Fortress, we will reach Santa Lucía where we will regroup. Then we resume the march on GC-65 to Tunte, where we will make the main provisioning. Afterwards, a quick descent by GC-60 towards Fataga, Mirador de la Degollada, where we will regroup to enter Maspalomas together.
- Distance: 77 km
- Elevation gain: 1360 m
- Maximum height: 900 m
- Level: Medium
- Approximate stage duration: 4 hours
- Approximate avarage speed: Less than 25km/h
- Refreshment/meeting point: Santa Lucía – Tunte – Mirador Degollada