Gran Canaria South – North
Gran Tour Stage 2 – 6/12/2020 – 08:00
Elevation gain: 2130m
GRAN TOUR 2: MASPALOMAS – AGAETE – Sunday 6th Dec- 95 KM – 08:00h
95 kilometres of authentic cycle tourism on the western side of the island with a positive height difference of over 2,000 metres. A real leg-breaker awaits us. Without doubt, one of the most attractive stages of the Gran Canaria Bike Week 2020.
- Toilets at the start and finish line
- Refreshment/aid station on route and at the finish line
- Technical and medical assistance at the start and finish line plus on the road.
- Medical insurance and security
- Massage services at the finish line
- Free participation on Saturday 12th at the last stage, including the free buffet and closing ceremony at the hotel Villas & Dunas 4* (Dunas Group).
- Secured area with surveillance to leave the bikes during the night
- Transfer by bus only for cyclists from Agaete to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Vecindario and Maspalomas Lighthouse
- Transfer of cyclists on Saturday December 7th (bikes not included) from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Vecindario and Maspalomas Lighthouse to Agaete (additional charge)
The route begins at the Maspalomas Lighthouse, continuing along the GC-501 (Avda. Cristóbal Colón) until it intersects with the GC-500, where we turn left towards El Pajar. At the El Pajar roundabout, we head inland on the GC-505 to Cercados de Espino, starting the climb to Barranquillo de Andrés. Then we turn left and take the road that leads to Cruz de San Antonio, the end of the first climb and the top of this stage at 900 m above sea level after about 9 km. Then we turn left and descend along the GC-605 to the Pie de La Cuesta, the site of the first regrouping/liquid supply.
We then go along the GC-200 towards La Aldea de San Nicolás, ascending to La Degollada de Tasartico, crossing the spot called Los Azulejos in the middle of a climb of about 6 km. We descend by GC-200 to the municipality of La Aldea where we carry out the second regrouping and general provisioning after 65 km.
We take the GC-200 towards Agaete where a 6% ascent by motorway awaits us until the entrance to the tunnel where we will regroup, then several medium-hard climbs and spectacular views of the cliffs of the western island off the coast of Tenerife.
The fishing port of Agaete and its pebble beach will welcome Gran Canaria Bike Week for the first time. Afterwards, lunch and transfer by bus to Maspalomas.
- Distance: 95 km
- Elevation gain: 2.130 m
- Maximum height: 906 m
- Approximate avarage speed: 5 horas
- Level: Medium-high
- Refreshment/meeting points: Pie de la cuesta, La Aldea (avituallamiento), entrada túnel y Guayedra