PICO DE LAS NIEVES CLIMB
Stage 6 – 10/12/2020 – 10:00h
30km | Elevation gain 1.930m
The biggest challenge! One of the toughest and worldwide known test for which many specialists is the hardest pass in Europe. Departure at 10 am from El Burrero beach (municipality of Ingenio) and with a climb of only 30 kilometers with ramps of 21% to reach the top of the island and gaining an elevation of more than 1.900 meters. Are you ready?
- Toilets at the start and finish line
- Technical and medical assistance at the start and finish line plus on road
- Medical insurance and security service
- Refreshment/aid station on route and at the finish line
- Massage services at the finish line
- Finisher Medal
- Time recording services
- Free participation on Saturday 12th at the last stage, including the free buffet and closing ceremony at the hotel Villas & Dunas 4* (Dunas Group)
The Pico de las Nieves Climb counts with rankings and prizes for the three first classified of Junior (16-19 years old), Sub 23 (20-22 years old), Elite (23-29 years old), Master 30A (30-34 years old) , Master 30B (35-39 years old), Master 40 (40-49 years old), Master 50 (50-59 years old) and Master +60 (from 60 years old). They will be delivered on December 12th once the last stage of the week has finished at the facilities of the hotel Suites & Villas 4 * (Dunas Group).
* Does not include the official maillot that can be purchased for 18 €. Transfer by bus from the Maspalomas Lighthouse to El Burrero beach and from Pico de las Nieves to Maspalomas for the cyclist and its bike prior reservation for the amount of 10 €.
Transfer by bus from Maspalomas to the beach of El Burrero (municipality of Ingenio), with previous booking. Departure neutralized at 10:00 hours by GC-192, we take the variant GC-189 until the intersection with GC-196, where the neutralized section ends and we will make the starting flag of Escala al Pico Las Nieves. We will cross Ingenio and turn right on GC-120 towards La Pasadilla, where some hard slopes await us. At the Cazadores crossroads turn left on GC-130 and you will have the possibility to refuel. We continue to climb and after a short descent we will cross the Caldera de Los Marteles, and then continue to climb to the top by GC-134.
- Distance: 30 km
- Elevation gain: 1.930 m
- Maximum height: 1.938 m
- Approximate avarage speed: 12 km/h
- Approximate stage duration: 2 h 30 min
- Level: Difficult
- Refreshment/meeting point: Cazadores – Pico de las Nieves