PICO DE LAS NIEVES CLIMB
Stage 4 – 4/12/2019
30km | elevation gain 1.910m | 1 section with time control
The biggest challenge! One of the toughest and worldwide known test for which many specialists is the hardest pass in Europe. This will be a cycle-sportive modality with departure at 10 am from El Burrero beach (municipality of Ingenio) and with a climb of 30 kilometers with ramps of 21% to reach the top of the island and gaining an elevation of 1,871 meters . It has a single section with time control.
- Toilets at the start and finish line.
- Technical and medical assistance at the start and finish line plus on the road.
- Refreshment/aid station on route and at the finish line courtesy of Gatorade.
- Massage services at the finish line.
- Time recording services.
- Free participation on Sunday 8th at the last stage, including the free buffet and closing ceremony at the hotel Villas & Dunas 4* (Dunas Group).
The Pico de las Nieves Climb counts with rankings and prizes for the three first classified of Junior (16-19 years old), Sub 23 (20-22 years old), Elite (23-29 years old), Master 30A (30-34 years old) , Master 30B (35-39 years old), Master 40 (40-49 years old), Master 50 (50-59 years old) and Master +60 (from 60 years old). They will be delivered on December 8th once the last stage of the week has finished at the facilities of the hotel Suites & Villas 4 * (Dunas Group).
* Does not include the official maillot that can be purchased for 18 €. Transfer by bus from the Maspalomas Lighthouse to El Burrero beach and from Pico de las Nieves to Maspalomas for the cyclist and its bike prior reservation for the amount of 10 €.
Departure at 10 am from El Burrero beach (Calle Mayor José Ramírez Bethencourt) and then GC-192, Mijail Gorbachov street, roundabout on Avenida de Carlos V (GC-191), General Moscardó street, Ingenio ring road, roundabout on Avenida de los Artesanos, Juliano Bonny Gómez Street, Ingenio roundabout, Avenida de América, Doctor David Ramírez Street, GC-120 or Tanausú Street, La Pasadilla, Cazadores, GC-130, GC-134, Pico de las Nieves. We will have a liquid refreshment station at the crossing of Cazadores, in the middle of the ascent
On this stage there is a section with time control. Each participant will carry a time recording chip for the registration of its time and personal assessment at the end of the stage:
- Section 1: Roundabout of the Aromeros to the Pico de las Nieves
The stage will be carried out with the only occupancy of the traffic lane. In this stage there are meeting points and there will be refreshment/aid station at the finish line courtesy of Gatorade.
* It does not include the transfer. The transfer by bus from the Maspalomas Lighthouse to El Burrero beach and from Pico de las Nieves to Maspalomas for the cyclist and its bike prior reservation for the amount of 10 €.
- Distance: 30 km
- Elevation gain: 1.910 m
- Descend: 22 m
- Total accumulated: 1.932 m