BEFORE REGISTERING YOU MUST READ THESE RULES COMPLETELY. BY MAKING THE REGISTRATION, YOU ACCEPT THTUESE RULES, SO THE ORGANIZATION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS RELATED TO THIS CONTENT
Gran Canaria Bike Week rules – La Cicloturista 2020
Article 1. EVENT AND ORGANIZATION
The Gran Canaria Bike Week 2020 is a sport week event with clear tourist orientation defined as a cyclist’s parade according to the Specific Instruction for the Road Cycle Touring Parades of the Spanish General Traffic Administration (DGT).
It is promoted by the Illustrious City Council of San Bartolomé de Tirajana and the company DG Eventos S.L, who holds the management and production for the event.
Article 2. EVENT PLACE AND DATES
The event will take place from December 5th to 12th 2020 and it will pass by different locations on the island. The center of operations is established at the Maspalomas Lighthouse, being the starting point of each stage.
The start time of each modality is published in the section of the official website reserved for it, as well as in the social media of the event; the participants must be present at the start of every stage with enough time in advance for picking up the numbers & the recording time chips.
Article 3. STAGES
The Gran Canaria Bike Week- La Cicloturista 2020 consist of 8 stages:
Stage 1: GC Southeast
- Saturday, 5th of December: Maspalomas – Santa Lucia – Tunte – Maspalomas
- Starting time: 10:00 h
- Departure place: Mapalomas Lighthouse
- 77 kilometres
- Elevation gain: 1,360 m
Stage 2: GC South-North
- Sunday, 6th of December
- Starting time: 08:00 h
- Departure place: Maspalomas Lighthouse
- Maspalomas Lighthouse – Agaete
- 95 kilometres
- Elevation gain: 2,130 m
Stage 3: GC North-South
- Monday, 7th of December
- Starting timer: 09:00 h
- Departure place: Agaete
- 98 kilometres
- Elevation gain: 2,305 m
Stage 4: Maspalomas Bike
- Tuesday, 8th of December
- Starting time: 10.00 h
- Departure place: Maspalomas lighthouse
- Maspalomas – Ayagaures – Maspalomas
- Elevation gain: 505 m
Stage 5: Maspalomas- Guayadeque
- Wednesday, 9th of December
- Starting time: 09:00 h
- Departure place: Maspalomas lighthouse
- Maspalomaslighthouse –Guayadeque – Maspalomas
- 88 kilometres
- Elevation gain: 1,615 m
Stage 6: Pico de Las Nieves Climb
- Thursday, 10th of December
- Starting time: 10:00 h
- Departure place: El Burrero beach, Ingenio
- Ingenio – Pico de las nieves
- 30 kilometres
- Elevation gain: 1, 930 m
- Participation will be under the cycling-sportive modality, including a section of individual time trial with rankings and prizes for the first three classified of every category (Go to article 11).
Stage 7: Gran Canaria Verde
- Friday, 11th of December
- Starting time: 09:00 h
- Departure place: Arucas
- Arucas – Caldera Pinos de Gáldar – Arucas
- 82 kilometres
- Elevation gain: 1,900 m
Stage 8: Love GC – Maspalomas Taurito
- Saturday, 12th of December
- Starting time: 10:00 h
- Departure place: Maspalomas lighthouse
- Maspalomas Lighthouse – Taurito
- 53 kilometres
- Elevation fain: 730 m
The organization reserves the right to modify everything relative to itineraries, kilometers, timings, trophies, etc, when justified reasons and circumstances so require.
Article 4. CYCLISTS LIMIT
The Gran Canaria Bike Week 2019 establishes a limit of 400 cyclists for each stage.
Article 5. CUT-OFF TIMES AND WITHDRAWALS
The organization reserves the right to force the participant to abandon the stage:
- Whenever the participant shows signs of extreme fatigue, dehydration, extremely slow rhythm or present any anomalous symptoms that prevent him from participating normally.
- If the participant fails to comply with any of the rules stablished by the organization (see disqualifications section).
- Once the regulatory cut-off time has finished since the start of the stage.
On certain stages, the organization will allow cyclists who are not in optimal physical condition to temporarily abandon the stage, getting on the stage closing vehicle, to join again in the next meeting point or refreshment/aid stations for being able to finish the stage with the rest of cyclists.
Article 6. PARTICIPATION
The event is opened to cyclists of any nationality, federated or not, over 16 years of age for any of the modalities, and must be correctly registered in time and form as specified in the event regulations.
Participants born between the 5th of December of 2004 (16 years old on the day of the test) and 5th December of 2002, may participate under a paternal authorization (download regulatory authorization).
The authorization must be delivered in person with a photocopy of the minor’s ID and both parents or legal guardians, at the DG Eventos office located at Bravo Murillo Street 17 – local 4, 35002 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The offices are opened from 9am to 2pm and from 4pm to 6pm from Monday to Thursday, before de 23rd of November 2020.
Each cyclist participates in the test under his / her entire responsibility and declares that he / she has a sufficient level of physical condition to complete it.
It is not allowed the inclusion during the stages of any cyclist who is not properly registered, or companions, or journalists or any other person who is not properly authorized by the organization.
Article 6.1. Participation with e-bikes
The use of electric bicycles is allowed under the following conditions:
– The cyclist with e-bike can not help other cyclists with traditional bicycle to move, nor to serve them as a wind screen. In the case the organization detects it, it will not take the recorded time of the cyclists involved and it may be a reason for disqualification.
– Its recorded times during the Titanic Challenge and Pico de Las Nieves Climb stages, will not be taken into account by the organization for the rankings.
Article 7. MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
It is mandatory to use a certified helmet and the appropriate clothing, the cyclist must abandon the stage if it does not comply with this article.
Before every stage, a control of signatures will be carried out where it will be mandatory to present the identity document ID/passport. With the aim of monitoring and controlling the participants in the different segments / sections of the road, the organization will provide a chip-number wichs is mandatory wearing it. The chip must be in a visible place for its right reading.
It is not allowed to participate with the chip of another participant under any circumstances or manipulate it.
Article 8. REGISTRATION
Those interested in participating may register from April 1st 2020 in the following ways:
- Through the official website. On the pagewww.grancanariabikeweek.es and with payment through virtual POS.
- In person at the DG Eventos offices DG Eventos offices located at Bravo Murillo Street 17 – local 4, 35002 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The offices are opened from 9 am to 2pm and from 4pm to 5pm from Monday to Thursday. On Friday from 9 am to 3 pm.
Article 9. REGISTRATION FEES
Once the registration is made, there will be no refund of the race fee for any reason. Similarly, the change of ownership of the registration is not allowed.
The registration period begins on April 1st 9am and finishes on November 30th 2020 at 11:59 pm or until it run out of places
|Before August 15th||After August 15th|
|Canary Islands residents & federation member||Canary Islands residents||Regular||Canary Islands residents & federation member||Canary Islands residents||Regular|
|Weekly Pack||150 €||170 €||250 €||190 €||210 €||290 €|
|Gran Tour Pack||100 €||120 €||160 €||130 €||150 €||190 €|
|Starter Pack||55 €||75 €||95 €||75 €||95 €||115 €|
|GC SouthEast||20 €||25 €||35 €||30 €||35 €||45 €|
|GC South-North||30 €||35 €||45 €||45 €||50 €||60 €|
|GC North-South||30 €||35 €||45 €||45 €||50 €||60 €|
|Maspalomas Bike||20 €||25 €||35 €||25 €||30 €||40 €|
|Pico de las Nieves Climb||25 €||30 €||40 €||40 €||45 €||55 €|
|Maspalomas Guayadeque||25 €||30 €||40 €||40 €||45 €||55 €|
|Gran Canaria Verde||30 €||35 €||45 €||40 €||45 €||55 €|
|Love Gran Canaria||30 €||35 €||45 €||35 €||40 €||50 €|
Article 10. MAILLOT AND RECORDING TIME CHIP PICK-UP
The delivery of the maillot for those cyclists enrolled in the Weekly Pack and the Grand Tour will take place:
- The day before the start of the event at the Suites & Villas by Dunas during the schedule established by the organization.
- The first day of the event at the established schedule.
It will be necessary to present and ID or Passport for the pick-up.
To remove the maillot of another participant, the representative must present their ID or Passport together with an authorization signed with the photocopy of the ID or Passport of the participant in question.
The delivery of the recording time chip will be made from 1 hour and 30 minutes before the start time of each stage.
Article 11. PRIZES AND TROPHIES
Pico de las Nieves Climb: Finisher medal for each participant and trophy for the first three classified per category.
Cash prizes Pico de las Nieves Climb:
- 1stplace (men): 300€
- 2nd place (men): 200€
- 3rd place (men): 100€
- 1st place (women): 300 €
- 2nd place (women): 200 €
- 3rd place (women): 100 €
- 1stclassified canary (men): 150 €
- 1st classified canary (women): 150 €
*To opt a prize in cash it must be at least 30 male participants and 10 female participants
CATEGORIES FOR PICO DE LAS NIEVES CLIMB
- Junior (16-19 years)
- Sub23 (20-22 years)
- Elite (23-29 years)
- Master 30A (30-34 years)
- Master 30B (35-39 years)
- Master 40 (40-49 years)
- Master 50 (50-59 years)
- Master +60 (from 60 years old)
- Note: All categories will be male and female.
* The prizes ceremony by categories will take place on Saturday December 12th once the last stage is finished at the official hotel Suites & Villas by Dunas group.
Article 12. SERVICES FOR PARTICIPANTS
REFRESHMENT/AID STATIONS. Liquid and solid refreshments at the points of the route established by the organization and at the finish line.
CLOAKROOM. Wardrobe service at the start and finish of each stage.
TOILETS at departure, finish line and main refreshment/aid stations.
MASSAGE SERVICE at the end of the stage.
REPAIRSHOP SERVICE at the start and the finish line plus support on the road.
MEDICAL AND FIRST AID SERVICES. – Health care service along the route and at the finish line.
MEDICAL INSURANCE. – The organization will hire sports accident insurance for each one of the participants not federated in the event.
TIME TRIAL for The Titanic Challenge, Pico de las Nieves Climb and Teams Time Trial with recording time chips.
SAFETY ON THE ROUTE guaranteed by motorcycle guards, road police, opening and closing vehicles, volunteers, etc.
TIME TRIAL SECTIONS with complete road closure for traffic.
The GRAN CANARIA GRAN TOUR package and the WEEKLY PACK have included the official maillot of the Gran Canaria Bike Week – La Cicloturista 2020
Article 13.REFRESHMENT/AID STATIONS AND MEETING POINTS
The organization reserves the right to locate the aid stations on the route according to the most suitable places for it and as close as possible to the previously mentioned kilometric points.
The location of the refreshment/aid stations and meeting points will be defined in the tab and profiles of each stage.
Article 14. PENALTIES
The following behaviors of the participants will have penalties and may include the disqualification of the event.
1.- Omission of assistance to another person.
2.- Withdrawal without having notified the organization at the time is produced.
3.- Misbehavior towards other participants or towards the organization.
4.- Non following the stage director orders, commissioners, refreshment/aid stations staff, doctors/nurses or competent authorities.
5.- Lack of mandatory equipment or refusal to perform a material inspection.
6.- Skip control points.
7.- To voluntary dispose garbage outside the authorized areas at the refreshment stations or any type of behavior that may alter the natural environment.
By registering for Gran Canaria Bike Week – La Cicloturista 2020, participants give their consent to DG Eventos, by itself or through third parties, to treat their personal data automatically and exclusively for sports, promotional or commercial purposes. Each member authorizes these entities to send commercial information related to their products and services.
In accordance with what is established in the General Data Protection Regulations, the participant has the right to access these files in order to rectify or cancel their content completely or partially.
To request the withdrawal you must send an email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Likewise, and in accordance with the sports, promotion, distribution and exploitation interests of Gran Canaria Bike Week – La Cicloturista for the whole world, the participants authorize the organizers of the event to record completely or partially their participation in the event. Photographs, films, television, radio, video, internet and any other means known or to be known, so all the rights related to its commercial and advertising exploitation that is considered appropriate, without time limit and without the right to receive economical compensation.
Article 16. PARTICIPANTS STATEMENT
When making the payment for the inscription of the Gran Canaria Bike – La Cicloturista 2020, each participant declares under his responsibility:
– NOT to suffer acquired or congenital physical diseases and / or injuries that could cause disorders in their health or living conditions, as a consequence of their participation in the Gran Canaria Bike Week 2020
– Have performed the relevant medical checks and being medically fit and properly trained to carry out the activities that will take place in Gran Canaria Bike Week 2020
– Commit to collaborate and comply with the instructions received (organizers, Local Police, Civil Protection, Volunteers, Judges, etc.), to ensure the safety of all cyclists and the good behavior on the event.
– Declares to carry out the activities related to Gran Canaria Bike Week 2020 by its own will, under its own exclusive risk and assumes exclusively responsibility for its activities, goods, health and physical and / or mental integrity, assuming all civil and / or criminal liability and refusing to make any kind of claim to the organization and / or sponsors and / or institutions, both public and private, participants in the organization of Gran Canaria Bike Week 2020, regarding any damage, including without limitation of physical, moral, material damage, theft, loss or of any kind that could suffer or be caused to its person or its property before, during or after the activity related to the Gran Canaria Bike Week, although the damages could arise due to negligence or fault on the part of the named ones.
Article 17. RULES APPROVAL
All the participants, due to the fact of registering, accept the present rules and the disclaimer included in the participants statement (article 16 of this regulation). In case of doubt or if a situation arises that is not reflected in this regulation, it will be accepted what proposed by the organization.
Article 18. CANCELLATION BY MAJEURE FORCE
In case of cancellation of the event or postponement of the same due to majeure force, adverse weather conditions, decision of the competent authority, etc., will not proceed to refund or compensate the amount paid in the registration.
Article 19. ADAPTED CYCLING
Adapted cycling is that practiced by people with physical disabilities (spinal cord injury, amputations and lack of any limb), cerebral palsy, acquired and visual brain damage (blind or visually impaired), practiced on the road and / or track.
Registration and participation in all stages of Gran Canaria Bike Week, of cyclists with some type of physical disability, cerebral palsy, and / or acquired brain or visual damage is allowed.
The stage Maspalomas Bike to celebrate the 8th of December 2020 meets the especially favorable conditions for cycling for these people. The inscriptions in this modality will be free. you must request the registration code to the mail: email@example.com
Cyclists, men or women with some type of disability, may enroll in one of the following modalities:
Class B: for cyclists with visual disabilities, they go in tandem with another partner.
Class H: for cyclists who use the hand bike or handbike. From 1 to 5, from highest to lowest disability.
Class C: for functional cyclists, they practice conventional cycling with adaptations. From 1 to 5, from highest to lowest disability.
Class T: cyclists who participate with tricycles due to impairment in their stability.