Gran Canaria North – South
6/12/2021 – 09:00h
Advance Distance: 68 Km
Advance Elevation gain: 1530 m
Starter Distance: 47.5 Km
Starter Elevation gain: 470 m
68 kilometers for the Advance modality in a north-south direction along the eastern slope of Gran Canaria with a maximum altitude of 1,700 meters with a start at a spectacular pass. Like Sunday’s stage, the Starter modality will start at the 1st pass that reaches the stage, in Llanos de la Pez.
- Toilets at the start and finish line
- Technical and medical assistance at the start and finish line plus on road.
- Medical insurance and security service.
- Refreshment/aid station on route and at the finish line.
- Discounted participation in the last stage of the week to be held on December 11 and final lunch at the Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas courtesy of Dunas Hotels & Resorts.
- Possibility of transportation from Maspalomas to Santa Brígida, and from Santa Brígida to Llanos de la Pez in Starter modality.
Departure by bus from Maspalomas to Santa Brígida. We start at 9:00 h from Santa Brígida and begin the ascent of the great pass of the day, almost 20 km at an average of 6% to reach 1,700 m altitude practically at the top of the island.
Right there will be the start of the Starter category at the intersection with the GC-150, we descend the GC-600 through pine trees and with the Roque Nublo as a lookout until Ayacata, where we turn left onto the GC-60 that we will not leave until Maspalomas. Before the 39.5 km in Tunte we will make the main refreshment, and then continue downhill to Fataga.
After overcoming Arteara we find the last tack of the day, the Mirador de la Degollada de la Yegüa, a short but intense peak that after its ascent and a brief regrouping will welcome us to Maspalomas.
- Distance: 68 km
- Elevation Gain: 1530 m
- Highest Altitude: 1700 m
- Physical Demand: Medium-high
- Refreshment / regrouping points: Llanos de la Pez, Tunte (refreshment) and Mirador de la Degollada de la Yegua
- Distance: 47.5 km
- Elevation Gain: 470 m
- Physical Demand: Low
- Refreshment / regrouping points: Tunte (refreshment) and Mirador de la Degollada de la Yegua