GRAN CANARIA SOUTHEAST
6/12/2022 – 09:00h
Advance Distance: 101 Km | Advance Elevation gain: 1500 m
Starter Distance: 62 Km | Starter Elevation gain: 600 m
Timed segment: 34 Km | 800 m of ascent
Mapalomas – Vecindario – Agüimes – Temisas – Santa Lucía de Tirajana – Maspalomas
- Toilets at the start and finish line
- Technical and medical assistance at the start and finish line plus on road.
- Medical insurance and security service.
- Discounted participation in the last stage of the week to be held on December 11 and final lunch at the Hotel Suites&Villas by Dunas courtesy of Dunas Hotels & Resorts.
- In Starter category, possibility of transport to the departure in Agüimes (+10€).
Departure from the Maspalomas Lighthouse along the GC-500 towards Juan Grande and Vecindario, where we will take the GC-65 up a slight ascent to the Era del Cardón, there we turn right onto the GC-551 to be met with with a brutal rocky landscape. We’ll reach Agüimes where we will make the first stop to take refreshments and regroup. Starter modality cyclists join at this point and we continue the path along the GC-550 with an ascent of 9 km along the Temisas road, the kingdom of the olive trees of Gran Canaria. After a descent we finally arrive at Santa Lucía where we will have refreshments to replenish energy. Finally, everyone will head back along the GC-65 Los Cuchillos to Vecindario and Maspalomas.
- Distance: 101 km
- Elevation Gain: 1.500 m
- Highest Altitude: 810 m
- Physical Demand: Medium-high
- Refreshment / regrouping points: Agüimes and Santa Lucía (Provisioning)
- Distance: 62 km
- Elevation Gain: 600 m
- Highest Altitude: 811 m
- Physical Demand: Medium
- Refreshment / regrouping points: Santa Lucía (Provisioning).
- TIMED SEGMENT:
- Distance: 34 km
- Elevation Gain: 800 m