GRAN CANARIA VERDE
Stage 7 – 11/12/2020 – 09:00h
83km | elevation gain 1.900 m
Arucas – Caldera Pinos de Gáldar – Arucas
New in Gran Canaria Bike Week! A wonderful 83 kilometre route through the midlands with start and finish in the northern municipality of Arucas after pedalling through Moya, Tejeda, Valleseco, Teror and many other places.
- Toilets at the start and finish line
- Refreshment/aid station on route and at the finish line
- Technical and medical assistance at the start and finish line plus on road
- Medical insurance and security service.
- Official reception and lunch after the stage (Arucas)
- Free participation on Saturday 12th at the last stage and final refreshment/aid station at the Maspalomas Lighthouse courtesy of Dunas Hotels & Resorts
- Transfer (bicycles included) by bus from Maspalomas to Arucas and from Arucas to Maspalomas, both stopping at Vecindario and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (+15€)
*Does not include the official maillot that can be purchaserd dor the price of 18 euros.
Transfer from Maspalomas to Arucas by bus of the organization. Departure at 9:00 a.m. from San Juan Park in Arucas to start an attractive tour of the midlands of Gran Canaria. We will take the GC-300 road towards the municipality of Moya, where we will regroup next to its beautiful church hanging on the cliffs.
Then along the GC-75 and GC-70 roads, climbing up to the Caldera de Los Pinos de Gáldar, a beautiful example of a very well preserved crater that deserves a stop to regroup after a long climb of almost 20 km. We will continue along the GC-150 towards Cruz de Tejeda through much softer terrain, crossing the Piconera of Montañón Negro, an example of the most recent volcanism on the island and the peak of this stage at 1,615 m.
After 40 km, we will stop for the main refreshment station at the Cruz de Tejeda, the top of this stage from where we can see the whole Caldera de Tejeda and which Unamuno called “petrified storm”. Rapid descent through GC-15, GC-230, GC-21 until reaching Teror, home of the Basilica of Nuestra Señora del Pino, patron saint of the island of Gran Canaria. Last stop before arriving again in Arucas after travelling some 83 kilometres.
- Distance: 87 km
- Elevation gain: 1.900 m
- Maximum height: 1.636 m
- Approximate avarage speed: Less than 20 km/h
- Approximate stage duration: 4 h 30 min
- Level: Medium / High
- Refreshment/meeting points: Moya – Pinos de Gáldar – Cruz de Tejeda (principal refreshment) – Teror