Since the beginning of the pandemic, the world has changed and with it, our way of interacting with people. Sport has not been unaffected by these changes and adapting to the new situation is difficult, but possible. From Gran Canaria Bike Week we will organize a safe event for everyone, where in addition to strictly comply with all health regulations, we will adapt all the protocols of the event so that you only worry about giving your pedaling.
ISLAND WITH EXHAUSTIVE CONTROL AT THE AIRPORT
The Public Administrations of the Canary Islands have established a series of measures for visitors to the islands, including:
- Negative PCR, TMA or RT-LAMP test performed within 72 hours prior to arrival in the Canary Islands.
- Declaration in sanitary control forms (FCS).
- Sanitary control consisting of taking temperature and visual verification of absence of symptoms.
NEGATIVE TEST REQUIRED
Depending on the place of origin of the visitor, it is necessary to get the accreditation of a COVID-19 diagnostic infection test with a negative result carried out within 72 hours prior to arrival in the Canary Islands, to be presented at the accommodation. The test must be approved by the health authorities of the country of origin or the European Union.
Likewise, those registered in Gran Canaria Bike Week must present the documentation that the organization determines, which will be updated in the rules of Gran Canaria Bike Week.
INSURANCE IN CASE OF CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT BY COVID-19
In the event that Gran Canaria Bike Week is suspended due to the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic, participants have the option to request a refund of their registration fee, as well as any extra items they may have purchased.
COVID19 INCIDENT REFUND POLICY
We are aware of the possibility that not all borders may be open on the days of the event. If a confinement affects you to leave your area or enter our area, your registration fee will be refunded.
To make Gran Canaria Bike Week a safe event, we have adopted the following measures with its own sanitary protocol that will make it possible to hold a safe event:
- Start in batches according to the number of participants and with enough time between batches to respect the corresponding safety measures.
- Mandatory use of masks at the starting line, and up to 100m after the start. Once the participant reaches this distance, and following the instructions of the organization, he/she must keep it in his/her jersey.
- Outdoor sports fair.
- Strict implementation of sanitary measures in all common areas (sanitary mask, hydroalcoholic gel).